Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: superfly renders?

MistyLaraCarrara opened this issue on Nov 19, 2015 ยท 314 posts

piersyf posted Wed, 25 November 2015 at 10:26 PM

OK, not the same quality renders here AT ALL, but maybe of technical value to some... FFrender 01.jpg

the old 'dream house' front gates... 1920x1080, IDL using default dome in Poser11, one infinite light, 4 bounces. Rendered in 3 minutes 22 seconds. Notice some mesh artifacts around the centre round bit.

SF render 01.jpg

Same scene, same settings, rendered in Superfly. Note that the geometry/texture problem is gone. It might interest people to know that this rendered in 5 minutes 17 seconds using GPU (GTX970), and 55 seconds using CPU (i7 hex core). Don't assume GPU will be faster... it depends on what you are rendering.

Carrara 01.jpg

Rendered in Carrara. Why? Because it's an old render engine and this rendered in 30 seconds. Also, Carrara does instancing, so this can be populated with lots of trees and flowers and stuff to make it pretty. Finally, I can export this to Blender and render it in cycles there (when I figure how to make the MCscript work...), and use Blender's instancing to do the same. Currently there is no script to gather the data in Poser to port the scene to Blender. Of course, they could implement instancing in Poser and save me the trouble of porting twice...