Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: superfly renders?

MistyLaraCarrara opened this issue on Nov 19, 2015 ยท 314 posts

piersyf posted Thu, 26 November 2015 at 4:16 AM

OK Jura... not the scene you wanted, I'm sure, but you reminded me of something I wanted to test. Almost 2 years ago now I started a thread on rendering single faced architecture models in Firefly using IDL (https://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/?thread_id=2878037). Basically because of the massive light bleed through the joins between faces. I wanted to see how Superfly dealt with the same geometry. So here it is:

apartment.jpg

This is at 25 samples and is still a bit grainy, so render times aren't worth posting yet (still long). What I wanted to check for is light bleed. It appears there is still some, but nowhere near as much as through Firefly. This model is 'out of the box' with original textures, just rendered with Superfly. There is no additional geometry to blank off corners. I should also point out that I turned on caustics. I should also point out that there is no balcony on the model, and no ground plane in the scene. The blue light on the ceiling and the nearside right wall is from the skydome, the yellowish light around the right window is backscatter from the wall and floor. Also, there are NO internal lights here... it is fully lit from the skydome and a single infinite light set to be the sun. Also, the light is at 12,800% and the skydome at 128, which by my previous explorations of Firefly equates to a roughly 2 second exposure with 100ASA film. This is a full stop above what Firefly would cope with, so I am VERY pleased. Considering the original model was made for Poser 5, I have to give a big thumbs up to those who did the node transfers from Firefly to Superfly!