Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: superfly renders?

MistyLaraCarrara opened this issue on Nov 19, 2015 ยท 314 posts

piersyf posted Thu, 26 November 2015 at 4:39 PM

jura11 posted at 9:24AM Fri, 27 November 2015 - #4241055

Those single faced geometry always has been pain to render in Poser,I've same model I think is Downtown Apartment,but yours render looks OK,did you used Area lights or not,this will or can help you with better lighting

Regarding the render times,this has been rendered with CPU or GPU and regarding shader,did you modified shader ?

Hi Jura. Looks like you quoted my post in full ,but it doesn't look like you read it (or have not understood my meaning).

1. when I said 'out of the box', that meant I hadn't touched the materials. I didn't even open the materials tab to look under the hood. So no, I didn't touch the shaders.
  2. there is no area light. As stated, there is only a skydome and a single infinite. I am well aware that there are ways to improve the lighting AND the materials, but I was checking for light bleed, so it made no sense to have any lights on inside.
  3. It was rendered using CPU, but given that I do not consider it a finished standard, did not say how long the render took, and didn't say what my CPU or GPU is, how is it helpful to know that?
  4. although I aimed the post at you (my bad) it was because you had asked for an interior scene, which reminded me of something I wanted to test (light bleed with single faced geometry). The render was done solely to test for that.
  5. as to render times, check this page http://www.blendernation.com/2012/03/23/19-billion-triangles-render/ I downloaded the .blend and ran it as it came in. It is set to render at 100 samples at 60% of 1920x1080. It rendered on my machine in 54 seconds. I'd hate to think what it would take on Superfly.

cheers