Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: superfly renders?

MistyLaraCarrara opened this issue on Nov 19, 2015 ยท 314 posts

Frequency3D posted Mon, 30 November 2015 at 10:13 AM

Ok, so here comes my first Superfly render.

No guarantee at all of having done everything correctly!

For the lighting, I used this technique: RDNA Forum Post. I am using the Reality dome as suggested (it is huge).

I used this free HDRI image (Creative Commons license, they like you to spread the link): HDRI Field

I had loaded one of the HDRVFX lighting sets that come with Poser. Later on, tests showed that the IBL light actually does nothing in Superfly. But the specular only (spotlight) seems to have some effect. I think most of the light in the scene comes from the HDRI background on the Emissive node though. So far, I have only managed to get spotlights and Area lights to show up in Superfly at all.

For the ground, I used the Construct (new P11 Ground/Sky object). I set the sky part to transparent, and scaled down the whole thing to meet the HDRI background around horizon level. The ground is Surface of the Woods by ShaaraMuse3D here at Renderosity. I placed a rock and a couple of ferns (also by ShaaraMuse3D) to mask the transition. I also lowered the Diffuse value on them to make them blend in. So just using Firefly shaders.

The female figure is Pauline. I created a quick V4-morph (so that she can start wearing my dynamic clothing) and put her in my Dynamic Slip Dress. Created a couple of new dynamic cloth groups on the fly to transition the skirt into a more flowy drape while keeping the top part more solid. The gun is from Powerage's Weapon Collection and the hair is BO Pixie Cut. I haven't created new hair shaders yet so it was best to go with something short. M4 in the background is wearing an upcoming product. No particular cloth shaders, just old Firefly ones.

I would like to add more windy hair and wind on the dress for the next render. Perhaps some blood on the dress. And M4 should be carrying her shoes by the straps - looks like they left the party early for some reason... ;)

hurryupclyde-II.jpg

Frequency Gallery  |  Frequency Store