Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: New competition figure Sneak previews - SM

Razor42 opened this issue on Nov 03, 2015 ยท 240 posts

LaurieA posted Tue, 01 December 2015 at 10:16 AM

Though I've complained to SM about its figures for years, the figures are not the reason I buy Poser. It's the other things that draw me in, like the ability to create my own dynamic clothing, morph brush, etc. Having said that, I won't be buying Poser this time around - not because of the figures (which are disappointing as far as the bending), but because Daz Studio is becoming my go to program, much as I didn't intend it to. Do I wish I could use my own dynamic clothing in DS? Oh yes I certainly do and I'll keep hoping that someday I can, but my copy of PoserPro 2012 and 14 can still do all that for me. I don't need the new Cycles engine - Iray works great for me and I find the materials very easy to make and manipulate. Even tho I've gotten used to Poser's material room in recent years, I still think it's much more difficult than it has to be and is IMVHO the number one stumbling block to anyone who wants to use Poser to make images. Not everyone needs to use the setup room, the hair room or other functions, but sooner or later one is going to have to use the material room. It's not only hard to use, but there's pretty much zero documentation on how to use it. I was also disappointed that I can't use the last few versions of Daz figures in Poser. I'm not blaming anyone. A business decision is just that and I won't second guess it for either side. I just know it's not supported, so I'll hold onto my money this time around :).

After all that, I still think it serves no purpose to bash the new Poser figures. They are exactly what most of us expected them to be. We should leave it at that. It just breeds more ill will amongst the Daz/Poser feuders (which has gotten really distasteful on both sides).

Laurie