Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Help needed - blue screen of death issues

Batsarse opened this issue on Dec 01, 2015 ยท 11 posts

jura11 posted Tue, 01 December 2015 at 5:04 PM

Hi there

I don't think you need to reinstall Poser or Windows,BSOD usually are down to HW changes or some SW changes,at first I would install older drivers for NVIDIA,some newer drivers from NVIDIA causing me lately lots of problems in OpenGL apps and mainly in CUDA apps like is IRAY or FurryBall RT,V-RAY RT where those drivers are so unstable and causing only headache,I'm now using older NVIDIA 353.62 drivers which seems are best for me,I've got too R9 290 which I removed due I wanted to be sure,those issues is not causing my second AMD GPU and those issues hasn't been caused by AMD...I tested AMD R9 290 in 3DS MAX where same scene takes from my VRAM only 1.2GB and on Titan X same scene takes 6GB,in 3DS viewport older R9 290 seems is better and my FPS never drops and viewport performance is much better

I would recommend go to the Event Viewer which you can find under: Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Event Viewer and there check under Windows Logs,applications and System and all other bits,I would suspect this has caused NVIDIA driver

In the Mozilla and Chrome please disable HW acceleration,this can cause some issues,if you have this enabled,please turn off this for time being

And regarding the you are lost yours Libraries,I would type this %appdata% to search or you can check please go to the Users (yours name) AppData/Roaming and PoserPro and there should be yours backup Library and preferences,if you can find this,please check under Folder Options in Control Panel if "Show hidden files,folders,or drives" is checked

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura