Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Using DAZ Studio to rig non-DAZ models

Xatren opened this issue on Nov 30, 2015 ยท 5 posts

LPR001 posted Tue, 01 December 2015 at 9:17 PM

You can try it in Daz and Export in Collada or FBX there is some tools in the top tab as far as joint editors etc. When exporting anything in the scene except lights and cameras will go and you select all the preferences at export in the pop up panel it is all very straight forward. I know Second Life it has some compatibility with 3ds and Maya so there must be some conversion files around if not identical hierarchy obviously tweakable. Like I said probably be helpful to have Hex or blender for any major tweaks and modelling. As for auto rigging I just can't see it in the "straight to Linden Labs - Second Life format" when it is against their own EULA, I could be wrong as it wouldn't be the first time I was told I can't do something but here is the tools to do it anyway. First point is Collada so you could defo make your own custom character mesh in the Daz hierarchy then export to something like Reallusion 3DXchange or alternative as a gateway use the presets/adjust for Maya, 3ds or 3ds v2. it certainly would be a lot cheaper than going the Max/Maya route.

- Johnny G

"Try animation to get things moving"

lpr001@renderosity.com