Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: superfly renders?

MistyLaraCarrara opened this issue on Nov 19, 2015 ยท 314 posts

bagginsbill posted Thu, 03 December 2015 at 8:37 AM

MistyLaraPrincess posted at 9:32AM Thu, 03 December 2015 - #4242183

how would Superfly compare to rendering in the Luxrender plugins?

Honestly, so far I'm not seeing a reason to spend money on upgrading from PP12.

MLP, clearly that totally depends on what you're doing and what tool you use now. Lux is super capable and Reality seems to make using it very easy. So if you're happy with that combination, cool.

I tried Poser and Lux (recently with Reality) and the constant exporting and long render times drove me crazy. Also, hiding the shader guts from me is no fun. I want to make my own gold with the subtle improvements that the offered shaders just don't have. I got so impatient that I never developed the required skills and so I dropped it. I learn by doing thousands of renders a week. With SuperFly, I'm getting that kind of pace that I always had with FireFly - the things I'm learning every day are not tiny improvements in my skills - they're huge. But with Lux I was only make the most minimal progress each day. If I'm not learning skills, I am not having fun. So - that's how it compares to me.

I'm doing indoor lighting now that I never had access to with FireFly, and it's really fun.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)