Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: looking for a Poser Rant website

-Timberwolf- opened this issue on Dec 01, 2015 ยท 51 posts

hornet3d posted Mon, 07 December 2015 at 12:35 PM

William_the_Bloody posted at 6:25PM Mon, 07 December 2015 - #4242962

The very strange thing is that they MUST see their website dying, and mass exodus etc. but yet seemingly refuse to do anything but stay the course and/or make it worse?

I just don't get it.

For me, the death of RO is going hand-in-hand with the death of my interest in this hobby in general. Without a free and open community to participate in, there is no motivation to keep working at this.

I must admit that the death of Rendo has affected me more than I expected it would. I still get a great deal of fun from the hobby but I am doing less renders but spending more time on building the scenes and materials than before. I guess before I used to buy the latest release and immediately use that in a render, these days I buy less and use my runtimes of content already purchased far more. I don't upload many renders either, not since deleting my gallery here. I am spending time on dynamic clothing that I used very little in the past.

Given the forums, the changes to Prime membership and the changes to the site I, like you, cannot understand why Rendo seem hell bent on driving what was a great place into the ground. I read and post far more at RDNA these days and spend all my money elsewhere as well. It is still sad to see the demise though.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.