Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: looking for a Poser Rant website

-Timberwolf- opened this issue on Dec 01, 2015 ยท 51 posts

moriador posted Tue, 08 December 2015 at 8:40 PM

William_the_Bloody posted at 6:31PM Tue, 08 December 2015 - #4242962

The very strange thing is that they MUST see their website dying, and mass exodus etc. but yet seemingly refuse to do anything but stay the course and/or make it worse?

I just don't get it.

For me, the death of RO is going hand-in-hand with the death of my interest in this hobby in general. Without a free and open community to participate in, there is no motivation to keep working at this.

Nothing is stopping you, or anyone, from creating your own forums. Free options on the web abound. I do understand why you might not want to do so yourself; after all, I haven't either. But I'm also not going to let the lack of a vibrant forum stop me from enjoying a hobby I've invested so much in.

AS -- I respectfully disagree. Lots of dead horse beating going on over there, which is why I'm posting here for now instead. LOL.

Wolf -- I agree. You don't need to look any further than the sports channel to see how we humans must manufacture divisions and groups -- and how emotional people can become over such artificially created loyalties, emotional enough that they'll riot and kill each other. In comparison, software arguments are extremely tame. But no doubt the emotions comes from the same place.

Seriously, though, if enough of us feel the need for a forum that is less restrictive than the existing ones, why not start one?

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.