Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: superfly renders?

MistyLaraCarrara opened this issue on Nov 19, 2015 ยท 314 posts

putrdude posted Fri, 18 December 2015 at 4:54 PM

Been playing with 11 pro. Have fairly decent Nvidia card with 4 gig memory 1664 cuda cores (whatever that means) so I'm playing with supafly rendering with the card. Certainly frees up the CPU for other uses, but machine seems less responsive, even at 8% cpu being used.

Anyway my question for the gurus here, is Poser 11 pro make my bucket look too big? I read where you should turn off branched path tracing if using graphics card, and boost the bucket size 1-300. Did that, and it was a much bigger chunk of render at a time. But how big is too big? and what does 300 mean? 300 mb of the 4gb on the card? I tried 800 for grins, and it worked fine. BIG chunk of render at one time, but it didn't seem to speed anything up. Had pixel settings to 30. Models (pauline and kate) skin seems a little speckled. Probably me.

Also, I exported the image to see how it looked in photoshop. Now i'm confused. There are pinholes in paulines pants. Her hair is really weird. Kate looks better. When they come into photoshop they are partially transparent; look like ghosts. Kinda scary. More things for me to do wrong. Any suggestions? p11test.jpg