Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: All that crap....

RGUS opened this issue on Jan 06, 2016 ยท 135 posts

ssgbryan posted Thu, 07 January 2016 at 3:04 AM

To answer your question RGUS, yes, the merchants ran out of ideas a long time ago. It isn't just here - some of the shoes made for the genesis 3 female sold at DAZ were originally made for P6 Jessi & Miki 1 (I have them).

Most merchants work under the I only make what I am personally interested in philosophy. And it is the customer's fault that sales aren't what they could be. You can't tell them that maybe the market can't support another buy me drinky dress for ANY figure.

The market has changed - the vendors haven't.

For the most part, the vendors here appear aggressively uninterested in learning any post Poser 6 feature. I actually had one tell me they didn't have time to learn the features of Poser 9 while making their very first product for Dawn. Roll that thought around. Didn't have time to learn the features of the software that was REQUIRED to use the figure (and the content).

You can't get a vendor to understand that it is because of vendor intransigence that the Fitting Room was added to Poser. That has fundamentally changed clothes buying.

It is easier to use than Wardrobe Wizard or Xdresser, and now any figure has access to M4 or V4's wardrobe. I can convert an outfit for V4 to Dawn (or any other figure) in less than 30 seconds.

They also don't want to hear that any of us have either left Poser 6 way of doing things & V4 behind (because as we all know, no one actually bought any copy of Poser beyond Poser 4.) We still have to deal with material .pz2 files because too many vendors are too lazy to join us in the 21st century. (It also violates 'Rosity requirements to sell here - funny how they don't enforce that requirement to make materiel .mc6 files. After all, vendors have only had a decade to get with the program.)

All of this factors into what I buy here - I have to calculate how much work I have to do to bring a product to Poser 9 standards. If it is too much work, I'll pass (and usually purchase something else - at another storefront.)

Tie in the fact that, to this day, there isn't much available for the genesis line of figures either. By now, there is the same amount of clothing available for the genesis figure as was released in the 1st 90 days of the V4 era. There is an untapped market there and it is low hanging fruit. The content for the genesis figures available here is better than at DAZ, although I will grant that the promotional images over there are better.

As others have pointed out, a lot of people don't spend time here that they used to - as an example, before the site "redesign" 'Rosity averaged (according to the "members online" thingy in the upper left hand corner) between 4500 to 6000 users online at any one time. I don't think they have cracked 3,000 since the site redesign.

The prime forums are a dead as last year's flowers, I hope 'Rosity isn't banking on much in the way of renewals - because it isn't happening. The way they botched that and then threw the vendors under the bus and blaming everyone except themselves for what happened is an interesting theory to increase sales.

At the end of the day - as a Poser user, there are better storefronts for Poser content. Unfortunately, 'Rosity has become the home of the lowest common denominator.