Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: All that crap....

RGUS opened this issue on Jan 06, 2016 ยท 135 posts

hornet3d posted Thu, 07 January 2016 at 11:58 AM

false1 posted at 5:44PM Thu, 07 January 2016 - #4247713

Most of the comments made seem to be addressing the entirely predictable outcome of the Daz/Poser split. Simple supply and demand would indicate that items made for a figure who's users have closets bursting with content would not continue to buy or need more. I also tend to think there is way more content in various marketplaces for Gen 4 figures than for Genesis of any generation (supply). This is true of props, poses, morphs, etc. as well. Genesis 3, on the other hand, had 0 items on the market before it was released (demand). Unique items would be good but would still be niche and, therefore, sell modestly. Given the choice why would a vendor support Poser over Studio?

The Poser community has neglected to embrace any new figure in mass. Commenters to this board and others have stated that SM should just keep doing what they've always done; they have plenty of content already; or if Poser ceased production today they'd still have a copy on their hard drive. If you want to keep using V4 don't complain as she goes the way of all digital things (I think she'll still fit on a Zip disk). It can't be changed.

I can't tell anybody how to spend their time and money but if you are concerned about the Poser ecosystem and want the software to continue to thrive with vendors making new product, it may be necessary to be somewhat proactive. You may scoff, but right now HiveWire3D is Poser's last best chance. They are the only organized entity dedicated to Poser and creating a full family of modern figures; man, woman, child, toons, horses and other animals. They're the only such entity with a storefront, forums (back finally), 3rd party vendors, and some ideas about marketing. You don't like Dawn? Fine. Buy something else to help finance Dawn 2. Or wait for and heavily support Ero's Project E. Keep in mind though that even if PE takes off it still leaves a huge hole in the ecosystem that people that don't specialize in pinups will have trouble embracing. And once your new figure is chosen flood the various Poser galleries that are currently overrun with Studio renders with (good) Poser images. Vote with your renders. Let vendors know we still exist . . .

. . . or you can just complain about the lack of content.

On the whole I agree with you but I am not sure even Hivewire3D is Poser's last chance. For instance, I have yet to upgrade to Poser 11 for two main reasons, firstly I am more than happy with the Dawn and the rest of the Hivewire family so I do not have a tremendous need for Pauline, and second I still have no love for the deactivation service. So in one sense I am keeping Poser alive by staying with Poser Pro 2014, but I am not helping SM much.

The lack of Poser renders has multiple reasons, not just the lack of new content, as more than a couple of members here have deleted their whole gallery and along with it hundreds of Poser renders. Being one of those members any renders I do now are added to the Dawn, or relevant gallery, over at RDNA.

I know there is less demand for V4 items here but how much is that down to users moving away from V4 or buyers moving away from Rendo. I don't know the answer but I think reason for change in the market place has many reasons and I really don't envy any vendor trying to work out what to produce, particularly if customers are frowned on for giving their view on the market.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.