Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: New to Studio and I am confused

drifterlee opened this issue on Jan 13, 2016 ยท 12 posts

PendraiaFaeCreations posted Wed, 13 January 2016 at 2:55 PM

Let's start with the library...have you set your content folders up? Go to Edit/preferences this will load up a new dialogue box.

Click on content library tab then on Content Directory Manager down the bottom. This will open another dialogue box. You should have a heirarchy tree that shows your current libraries. Do you have both daz library and a poser library? If not you will need to add the Poser Library...these can be the same library. You're asking DS to look for different file formats though...

If it still doesn't show up while on the content library tab click the little triangle on the top right side to access the menu and click on scan known directories for files. I normally have the mark as new box ticked. This will help you to locate any new content. I normally go through and add stuff to my categories sections. I have this set up outside of the default folder as this will allow me to organise things they way I want them.

To get the hands to grasp have a look under parameters and search for hand. This will show if there is a control called hand grasp...should be one for left and right. Not sure if your using the original genesis or 2 or 3 so hard to be more specific. Should be able to dial the hand grasp in. If not there will probably be a pose to go with the weapon you're trying to use.