Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: New to Studio and I am confused

drifterlee opened this issue on Jan 13, 2016 ยท 12 posts

drifterlee posted Sat, 16 January 2016 at 11:27 AM

I don't have any Poser content installed in Studio. Everything was set up for Studio. Daz had me reset the library content and reinstall the metabase ? and no nothing is there. Also, before I rest there was content in the content libary, but it would not apply. It said error. Could not dress the figure or anything. The only thing that works is Daz stuff under Smart Content. Here is what Daz told me to do. " Hi Sherrie,

Please make sure you install the PostgreSQL CMS. You can find this in the Install Manager when searching for "sku::18869" without the quotes. If it is already installed, uninstall and re-install.

Make sure DAZ Studio is not running during this process.

If you are running the 64 bit version of DAZ Studio, there is no need to install the 32 bit version of PostgreSQL. By installing the 32 bit version, it is automatically uninstalling the 64 bit version. In this process, it must stop the CMS. If the CMS is stopped, then tries to install the 32 bit with it stopped, it in some cases, this crashes the Install Manager. And causes the Smart Content to not work correctly.

You may need to...

Reset the Database To do this, right click on the Content Library pane, choose Content DB Maintenance, tick Reset Database, click Accept.

Reimport Metadata With the box checked that userdata overwrites product data. To do this, right click on the Content Library pane, choose Content DB Maintenance, tick Re-Import Metadata, click Accept. Tick User Data and All Products and click Accept.

Please let me know if you have further questions."