Forum: Community Center

Subject: final questions

structure opened this issue on Jan 28, 2016 ยท 43 posts

hornet3d posted Tue, 16 February 2016 at 2:57 PM

consumer573 posted at 8:51PM Tue, 16 February 2016 - #4255347

Structure, May I suggest that it is probably in your own best interests to keep your account if only so you can download items that you previously purchased. The management at Renderosity is not likely to care sufficiently to make changes based on whether or not you leave, so don't "cut off you nose to spite your face" as they say. If you lose a HD it can be a real PITB (B=Buttocks). It may feel good at the moment to disassociate, but in the long run anything can happen and these are items that you shopped for and bought and which Renderoisty, like DAZ, is allowing you to access when you need to. Think about it, what if down the line Renderoisty merges or is taken over or buys another 3D company?

I myself haven't spent much time shopping here lately (Daz and RDNA and SM haves been getting most of my 3D money - more than I planned to spend with them) but I'm still checking the forums here hoping for changes or deals that I like, albeit with less frequency.

It is a good point but turned the other way I really would not like to be reliant on Renderosity to provide my back up in if anything went wrong. I did not rely upon them in when they could be trusted, so why now. I have separate back ups of both the zip downloads and my entire runtime, one is stored on site and another at a separate location. The use of the runtime back up is because, if a complete drive fails, I can replace the drive and run a restore process overnight. The following morning I have a fully working runtime with none of the hassle of re-installing all of those zips.

I would agree on the advice of not closing the account if only on the basis of why burn your bridges unless you have to but I am not putting any value on having access to my downloads.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.