Forum: Community Center

Subject: final questions

structure opened this issue on Jan 28, 2016 ยท 43 posts

Giana posted Wed, 17 February 2016 at 8:15 AM

'I am not bashing as this website is not my place to run, but if I said I wasn't very very disappointed, that would be a lie. Even disappointment is the understatement. Happy community doesn't come from hallmark card memes and quotes and being all bright and shiny, it comes from understanding your customers - for the store sake, understanding artists and what they do - for the sake of galleries, and understanding people and psychology and technical abilities of them - for the sake of the forums.'

i fully agree with this bit, truly and whole heartedly. whilst i understand that there is, at times, where one might need to 'fake it til ya make it', and put a false face at first upon a thing, i do not think, nor believe, that doing so in this instance is viable or valuable; after a short minute or two, cute platitudes start feeling all sorts of fake, and leaves me wondering if it is a belief that the majority of this 'community' is in the fifth grade or younger. i don't respond well to condescension, cheerful or otherwise, and i've a sneaking suspicion that i'm not the only one... [shrug]