Forum: Community Center

Subject: Open letter to renderosity staff & members

poisinivy opened this issue on Feb 20, 2016 · 87 posts

-Wolfie- posted Sun, 21 February 2016 at 3:22 PM

Malysse posted at 3:12PM Sun, 21 February 2016 - #4256356

You keep going on about change 'being hard' and 'taking time to get used to', as though we are averse to change. This shows (yet again) how little you understand us. We are not averse to change. We have been begging for change for a long time in the forums. We want change. But we mean change for the better.

I couldn't have said it better.... And not only changes for the better, but REVERT changes that the community as a WHOLE so clearly objects to. So one or two members voiced an opinion, and you thought it was best to cause damn near nuclear annihilation for the rest of the community? ("Damn near" might be the wrong choice of words. Maybe total nuclear annihilation might be better suited at this point.)

I don't think it's _ just_ the off site linking that has us in an uproar. As I mentioned in a previous thread, it's the total compilation of the mess over the last year or so. This was just the icing on the cake. The straw that broke the camel's back.

However, imo, using "we're trying to protect you from viruses" is a pretty weak excuse, at best. It's the 21st century. If someone got a virus from Rendo, via Rendo, or through off site linking, THEY were not doing THEIR OWN due diligence, and NO ONE else is to blame except for them.

At this point, I am one of the torn. I have deleted my oldest freebies, and MAY be deleting the remaining as well. I haven't yet decided what road I plan to take from this point on, altho I have several options, and several ideas.

~Wolfie~

Helping everyone is the most rewarding failure you'll ever experience.
    - Ray Augé (~Wolfie~'s hubby)

Anything is more stable than Windows . . .
--- Even a relationship based purely on sex!

- Pam Augé (~Wolfie~)

No meat was harmed during the making of this TV dinner.
    - Pam Augé (~Wolfie~)