Forum: Community Center

Subject: Open letter to renderosity staff & members

poisinivy opened this issue on Feb 20, 2016 · 87 posts

-Wolfie- posted Sun, 21 February 2016 at 5:39 PM

IceEmpress posted at 5:39PM Sun, 21 February 2016 - #4256592

I don't think it's _ just_ the off site linking that has us in an uproar. As I mentioned in a previous thread, it's the total compilation of the mess over the last year or so. This was just the icing on the cake. The straw that broke the camel's back.

Yes, see my first post in this thread (post #3) I brought up most of those things. If people don't want to read it, then I can summarize it (it is post 4256359)

--Broken site redesigns that make Renderosity non-functional for 2~3 weeks, and buggy for months. Then exactly 1 year later, implementing ANOTHER redesign that is equally as bad.

--Incompetent and unprofessional site redesign-- incredibly basic stuff that the programmers should already know, such as creating a backup server of the old site design in case the new one goes disastrously, or that infinite scrolling, esp. of vendors, is bad. It was clear TPtB did not do any research on good site design, despite being easy to find in infinite number across the web.

--Prime neutering being the worst decision I have ever seen Rendo make. They refuse to listen to the resounding complaints from BOTH customers AND vendors about it, and actually had the audacity to blame the vendors for raising their prime prices due to no longer getting 100% royalties from Prime product sales.

--Initial asinine gallery rule (limit on allowed # of uploaded images for non-Prime members, which would have been devastating for some vendors, as the gallery is used by many for advertising.)

--Obstinance by programming staff at implementing certain features-- main example being color of the "sale" text color that is readable instead of medium-light gray on dk grey background.

--Long-standing bugs not getting fixed, such as email notifications (buggy since site redesign 1 1/2 years ago)

--Features from previous site designs being removed and not returned until months later-- searching by date function on the gallery was only restored a few weeks ago.

--Implementation of Markdown language, a super-crappy programming language, for forums

Agree totally... 100%.

~Wolfie~

Helping everyone is the most rewarding failure you'll ever experience.
    - Ray Augé (~Wolfie~'s hubby)

Anything is more stable than Windows . . .
--- Even a relationship based purely on sex!

- Pam Augé (~Wolfie~)

No meat was harmed during the making of this TV dinner.
    - Pam Augé (~Wolfie~)