Forum: Community Center

Subject: Open letter to renderosity staff & members

poisinivy opened this issue on Feb 20, 2016 ยท 87 posts

RavynGyrl posted Mon, 22 February 2016 at 4:15 PM

LadyElf posted at 1:58PM Mon, 22 February 2016 - #4256725

IceEmpress posted at 5:39PM Sun, 21 February 2016 - #4256592

I don't think it's _ just_ the off site linking that has us in an uproar. As I mentioned in a previous thread, it's the total compilation of the mess over the last year or so. This was just the icing on the cake. The straw that broke the camel's back.

--Prime neutering being the worst decision I have ever seen Rendo make. They refuse to listen to the resounding complaints from BOTH customers AND vendors about it, and actually had the audacity to blame the vendors for raising their prime prices due to no longer getting 100% royalties from Prime product sales. --Implementation of Markdown language, a super-crappy programming language, for forums

Agree totally... 100%.

~Wolfie~

Add my agree totally...100%.

The Prime 'neutering' (good word for it) was for me the real kicker. I've been around way, way long time and I've seen some doozie mistakes, but this one IS by far the worst. Not only the worst idea, but the way it was handled was atrocious. As has been said already, it needs to be totally restored to the way it was. I know of a lot of vendors that started losing hundreds of dollars a month because of this. Some have moved on, some have had to raise their prices to make up for it to the point that it's just another normally priced item and of no benefit to those that have paid subscriptions. Lack of month long coupons, the benefit of a product a month being delayed and even blaming that on the vendors because "we can't find anyone that wants to contribute a free product". Of course you can't, Rendo should be hiring the vendors and paying them for the product, especially now since they are receiving a cut of the profits.

So, Hope, it's not really about you, or about Jen, or about Kristi all of you who have to take the hits for the decisions because you are on the front lines. It's about the policies and the procedures that have been done that are of no benefit to the membership, and in fact in the case of Prime were actually deceitful.

The 'so you won't get a virus' doesn't fly either. We are on the internet a LOT not just here and should already be protecting ourselves. Put security measures in by all means, but don't think that we don't already have our own as well. The security measures WE worry about are the protection of our files, our identities and our credit/debit cards and paypal accounts.

The banning and silencing of a well respected vendor, after she voiced her opinion ( as was told would be welcomed) because of 'personal attacks' that only staff seemed to see certainly was the other straw that broke the camel's back.

I just don't understand this place anymore. I've been here (yes I'll say it again until you listen and show some respect for it) since before there was a store, when it was an artistic community only. It's like seeing someone bulldoze the house you grew up in and not giving a damn about the aftermath it causes.

And I agree to all above. Prime being "neutered" was what did it for me as well. I checked my account...last time I earned Render Rewards was last June...BEFORE the new Prime rolled out. Since then, I have really curbed my spending because there just aren't any good deals anymore. The coupons are poor, the products (save for a few top vendors, one whom you banned for no reason other than speaking her mind) have gotten shoddy, and the rules are turning draconian. This is not a beloved community any more. No amount of "well, we're only doing this for your own good" and cheer-leading without really listening to and working with what the community wants will bring back the old Renderosity that so many of us loved. The exodus will continue.