Forum: Community Center

Subject: Open letter to renderosity staff & members

poisinivy opened this issue on Feb 20, 2016 ยท 87 posts

hornet3d posted Tue, 23 February 2016 at 3:44 AM

I have had my fingers crossed so long for this site to improve it makes typing painful. Seriously though, I see the last few weeks as a really dark time here because there are some people I have seen here for years now jumping ship. It is not a new trend, but, the fact that the trend is continuing is depressing and I am also well aware that these are the once devoted members who are taking to trouble to announce they are either leaving or becoming far less active, and why. Behind that there must be many more who do not like what Renderosity has become and have just moved on quietly.

I don't know why I should care so much, or even at all, after so long but I do. Truth is though that, despite all hope and wishes I cannot see a way back even though I desperately want to be wrong. I can't see anything the team at Renderosity can do to get people to start to put their freebies back, to start another gallery here, to start being really active in the forums (other than to complain), or change Prime into something worthwhile. Adding another forum or announcing another 'exciting' competition is not going to cut it. The bit that should really worry the company is that I cannot see how they can get members spending again at the levels they used to. I cannot prove they have lost money here but unhappy customers tend not to visit and if they don't visit, they don't spend and I see very little evidence that members/customers are happy here.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.