Forum: Community Center

Subject: final questions

structure opened this issue on Jan 28, 2016 ยท 43 posts

beelzebulb posted Wed, 24 February 2016 at 7:57 PM

I am not a very active member in the forums here or anywhere else for that matter but stumbled across this by accident. And right on the heels of this apparent mess came the news of the DAZ/RDNA merger so I have had some interesting reading for the last little bit and I can honestly say that everyone especially the current management etc. should pay a little more attention to what the members here are trying to convey to them, I have been here for a long time and over the years have seen this type of thing happen before here BUT never to this degree. I have pulled my gallery more than once here because of something that I disagreed with here (I'm older now and hopefully wiser:) but I do take exception with a few things that after reading every post about these new issues that seems to be prevalent. The dismissive and frankly in some instances insulting manner the members who are voicing their concerns to those who should be listening to them have been condescendingly answered (and there is no way that can be excused) or not answered at all. I can understand Hope that you are facing the biggest problem to come down the pike since you have started here but believe me when I say that these people have a right to be upset. After all you and a lot of the people working here didn't build this site and community WE DID. Now I am not bashing here or picking on anyone specific but simply stating what I have interpreted to my way of thinking and observation. If the management or Powers That Be cared enough they would actually take notice and try to make some sort of accommodation to ease the minds of those who are not happy with some of the changes suddenly being implemented. As this site depends solely on revenue from selling other peoples creations and depends on the community to keep them in business since they have no software of their own like DAZ or SM it would be prudent to keep us happy so as to stay in business for at least the foreseeable future. Who knows, I may even spend money here again like I used to (quit when the redesign fiasco was happening) I have no plans on jumping ship yet but will see how it unfolds over the next little while mainly because I just started to post images again here and I am too lazy to look for another host for them. So I urge the administration and staff to consider carefully what there is to gain and what there may to lose before being too arbitrary when they make decisions that will affect the perception and sensibilities of the members here. We are after all generally an emotional and volatile lot (creative types usually are that way you know). Nick (Beelzebulb)