Forum: Community Center

Subject: Open letter to renderosity staff & members

poisinivy opened this issue on Feb 20, 2016 ยท 87 posts

Wonderland posted Thu, 25 February 2016 at 11:25 PM Online Now!

This is so sad. First we lose RDNA and now all this is happening here... Seems like it's the beginning of a mass exodus just when we need a safe place to hangout after RDNA's demise. Where will everyone go? Certainly not back to DAZ, they were the ones who invented deleting posts they didn't like and banning... I'm shocked to hear about 3D-Arena being banned! Banning a major vendor just for stating her opinion? So many people leaving and I don't understand why the powers that be aren't listening, it seems they are just shooting themselves in the foot...

I doubt it's the fault of the admins, I'm guessing they are just doing what they are told, but maybe if they banded together and told whoever is making all these bad decisions that the customers, vendors, and freebie creators are all leaving, something has to be changed, obviously things are moving in the wrong direction... What about maybe hiring some of the long time vendors or customers as staff instead of chasing them away? Just a thought. The Poser community is totally falling apart right now and Renderosity could save it or be part of its demise. Or maybe someone else will take over, a new community, maybe just a forum site with no store, where people could discuss art, software and post images and freebies without admins, without a TOS, on a personal blog site? Maybe just have admins to remove spammers or those who are truly hostile, not a vendor making a valid point that both customers and vendors agreed with... But if everyone is angry at Renderosity, they won't be buying which will be the closure of another once great site.

I hate what happened with Prime, the new freebie laws and the new sales with just three hours to buy from rotating vendors which has led me to buy nothing this month because I have a life and can't keep up with these time limited sales with hours in another time zone, but what I hate most is the banning of a vendor who just stated her opinion. This is the United States and there is a law called Freedom of Speech and I'm just appalled at what happened.

This is the first month in a long time that I haven't spent enough for render awards and the first month in years that I didn't spend a single penny at Renderosiry, partially due to the annoying timed sales and overpriced Prime items but also due in part to the fact that most new products are for G3 and I do hope the vendors remember that there are still a lot of Poser users, but that's another subject.

Please bring 3D-Arena back, fix Prime, allow links in the freebie section, apologize to all the longtime customers and vendors, go back to the big coupons combining with sales and I bet you will see a huge financial benefit because when the customers are happy, they will spend more, and if they stay on your forums and get a sense of community back, and actually like the administration rather than being angry at it, customers will spend more and vendors will not leave for other sites. This seems like a critical time for Renderosity and I hope they choose to save it before it all goes down in flames-- or is also bought out by DAZ, which is maybe what they are hoping for? I really loved it here, before it went so off-track and really hope it can recover and get back to its once glorious self!

ART BY ALICIA HOLLINGER

www.AliciaHollinger.com
FACEBOOK: Alicia's Page TWITTER: @AliciaHollinger INSTAGRAM: @AliciaHollinger