Forum: Freestuff

Subject: Linking to freestuff items

KimberlyC opened this issue on Dec 18, 2015 ยท 71 posts

3dcheapskate posted Tue, 01 March 2016 at 10:12 PM

EldritchCellar posted at 10:07AM Wed, 02 March 2016 - #4258541

That's hilarious as usual Pete. Woops... back to sticking my nose in the air. I like Kobolds more than Goblins incidentally. Spriggans are pretty cool too..

I hope there's still somebody at Renderosity with a sense of humour... ;o)

I think the evil goblins running amok within the bowels of Renderosity are at the bottom of most peoples 'Like' list, but my favourite creature at the moment is this guy...

TheDireMightyFiend.jpg .... I tried uploading the image again you'll find it at the bottom right of this post - I'm laughing so much I'm in tears! About the number of times I've had to edit this post, and it's still not right, and the edit will timeout before I can fix it...

...I think you know him? I used to have a leatherbound copy of the book this picture's from, and I recently found the whole thing on Project Gutenberg (yes, the picture is public domain). I'm absolutely 100% sure that Project Gutenberg will fall into the category of 'trusted websites' so I'm including the link below

Hero-Myths & Legends of the British Race, by Maud Isabel Ebbutt

I think you'll appreciate the short passages of his story that are given in a more metrical (as in poetic) style? _"This the dire mighty fiend, he who in darkness dwelt, Suffered with hatred fierce, that every day and night, He heard the festal shouts, loud in the lofty hall..." _ - just the rhythym of that has always brought me out in goosebumps!

**(err...what's happened to in-line images?)

(and yet again the forum software totally 😂😂😂😂's up the formatting of my post)**TheDireMightyFiend.jpg (why does 'quoted' text appear more prominently than the actual text of the post? This is totally... actually words fail me )

The 3Dcheapskate* occasionally posts sensible stuff. Usually by accident.
And it usually uses Poser 11, with units set to inches. Except when it's using Poser 6 or PP2014, or when its units are set to PNU.

*also available in ShareCG, DAZ, and HiveWire3D flavours (the DeviantArt and CGBytes flavour have been discontinued).