Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: DazStudio 4.9...Lighting Confusion/Madness

Photopium opened this issue on Mar 01, 2016 ยท 7 posts

bhoins posted Wed, 02 March 2016 at 9:04 AM

William_the_Bloody posted at 7:58AM Wed, 02 March 2016 - #4258680

Okay, DS decided it was done with my render, which is set to "Photoreal" and what I have is a ton of noise.

Why do I have a ton of noise?

A render stops when it hits one of three conditions. The number of iterations. (Default is 5000), the amount of time (Default is 7200 Seconds) the amount of convergence (Default is 95%). It stops when it hits the first one of those conditions.

Usually, if you are looking for a final render you are, usually, looking for the convergence to hit 95%. Never fear, those stop conditions can be changed, during a render, or even if the render is "Finished." On the left side of the render window is a small box, about halfway up. Click that. Under Progressive Render, you can adjust the stop conditions. You can even change the limits. Once you do that, if you render has stopped, the resume button will become available. If it is during a render, then it will just keep running until it hits one of the new stop conditions. (You can also make the changes before you start the render in the render pane, if you prefer.)