Forum: Carrara

Subject: The Future Of Carrara?

Artformz2 opened this issue on Mar 07, 2016 ยท 38 posts

Sockratease posted Thu, 10 March 2016 at 4:45 AM

Carrara still has a future. It's development may be absurdly slow, but comparing it to pro software is unfair. Look at the price for the same license! Free student versions and introductory but limited versions only go so far before you need to buy the full license. So as an affordable intermediate program between things like Houdini and things like Poser / DAZ Studio, it's actually quite Sexy.

And with my 10 Plus years working in the Naughty Adult Website market I feel I am more than qualified to express an opinion about the Sexiness of a piece of software (not to mention "hard"ware) - and I gotta say that by focusing on Genocide, Carrara is losing some sexiness.

NOT because it wants compatibility with the latest content technology from DAZ, which makes perfect business sense, but because the effort would be better spent on other aspects of the program. It must be daunting to code both for importing the new figures and fixing bugs and adding a new bell or whistle all at once. Dropping off the latest figures would lighten the workload a bit and make more time for the other stuff.

I'd just declare to those clamoring for G3 compatibility that it will always be a generation behind in terms of the latest shiny new figure line (with hopefully better functionality of those figures), but it's other features will be ... Sexier?

Look For Silly Art on Sockratease.com!

Free Fractal obj Files!