Forum: Fractals

Subject: Mandelbulb3d v1.9.1 Released - Now With 3D Mesh Export Module!

Sockratease opened this issue on Mar 12, 2016 ยท 17 posts

Sockratease posted Wed, 16 March 2016 at 4:10 PM

DUDU.car posted at 3:50PM Wed, 16 March 2016 - #4261404

Hi Sockratease ! As you maybe know, I'm a Carrara user but your program interest me. I downloaded from "somewhere" (don't remember) in the internet a version 2... There is no option to export the meshes, only JPG or PNG, what's the process to do that ? Thanks .

Hi DUDU!

Yup, I know you from other Forums where you may know me as a Carrara user too. I'm the Crazy Hippy constantly pestering them to make The Millennium Cow model.

Let's see, if you have a "Version 2" it may be Mandelbulber, and not Mandelbulb 3D. There are literally hundreds of fractal generators out there, but only a handful that export obj files.

Mandelbulber does not have this feature, but Mandelbulb 3D just added it. Until this we had to export a "voxel stack" (image sequence of slices of the fractal) and compile it into a 3D Model using other software.

Assuming you have the correct program, the feature is started with the "BTrace" button and works exactly as described in the first post of this thread.

MB3D is only available at Fractal Forums (link in first post) and if your "somewhere" was "elsewhere" then it's likely that you have different software. Here's a screenshot to show what it looks like:

Clipboard01.jpg

The BTracer button is in the upper left of the main window.

Hope that helps!

Look For Silly Art on Sockratease.com!

Free Fractal obj Files!