Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Kate 2

Dasilva opened this issue on Aug 09, 2015 ยท 49 posts

ssgbryan posted Wed, 23 March 2016 at 4:23 PM

wolf359 posted at 2:24PM Wed, 23 March 2016 - #4262201

"I'm curious why the keepers of the Poser flame didn't/haven't just stuck with a concise "family" of figures and polished or updated those in progressive versions."

To me P6 "Jessie& James" had the most potential to be evolved progressively in,this fashion.

But alas at that time, no one seemed to have a forward looking view regarding the native poser figures because they were All enjoying V4& M4 "secure" in the presumption that Daz would never make a flagship figure that was not poser native.

Well we all know how that unfolded.

"The reason each new version of Poser gets new figures is two-fold. The new figures show off new Poser technology. The figures are not the selling point - the software is. Because of item 2, one is not forced to move to new figures every 2 years; one can simply retro-fit new Poser technology into the figure of your choice, "

If the new poser tech is required to take advantage of the native figures "new abilities" then one is required to move to new figures and $$buy$$ another version of poser.

However if the prevailing opinions of the new figures is not a positive one. Then posers business model suffers and people dont upgrade Hence the "legacy software conundrum" of SM having to compete with a FREE program AND older iterations of poser.

Do we see a new subforum here dedicated to questions about "Tony Vilters" or "SHRVDAVID,s"Pauline renovation projects that take advantage of poser 11's "new technology"???

But someone creates a new hack to get the Genesis 3 Female into poser 11 and a new forum materializes hours later.

One can bang on about new tech in the program itself, all one wants. But in this particular little consumer microverse, that new tech needs to be tied to an Idealized White female figure that the masses desire and inspires broad vendor clothing& content support .

That is the reality of it.

I don't know - I thought the way the Poser development team did the G2 figures was the way to go. Have differing ethnic heads with the same body.

Where are you getting this "then one is required to move to new figures"? You seem to be confusing DAZ with Poser. I as I have already shown, a Poser user doesn't have to use new figures to take advantage of new Poser tech - it can be retrofitted to legacy characters.