Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: What does everyone think are the Best Skins?

Fracture opened this issue on Oct 09, 2001 ยท 17 posts

Blackhearted posted Tue, 09 October 2001 at 5:16 PM

if 'best' has anything to do with what i use the most, then it would have to be catharina przezak's sara skin (i have it heavily modified). it looks good, has great skin tones and loads and renders fast for most shots. if i need more detail, for a closeup, then ill use the daz vicky2 high-res tex or asia. im not too pleased with asia, and much less so with noa, because their skin tones are too yellowish and dont match other characters well. noa is extremely 'yellowy green'... almost unusably so. and the tex map is so insanely high-res that it slows down even a powerhouse comp, and 5 times out of 10 it will crash one running windows 9x (seems fine on win2k/XP). but there is no 'best' skin - i personally dont like carly, but ive seen amazing renders done with her. get what you prefer, and use it - dont go purely on other people's opinion. i have a lot of retail textures, all of the ones mentioned here, and i dont have a single 'do-it-all' or 'best' one. theyre all good for different things, different situations, different lighting and camera distances.