Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: What does everyone think are the Best Skins?

Fracture opened this issue on Oct 09, 2001 ยท 17 posts

nfredman posted Tue, 09 October 2001 at 11:38 PM

Current favorites: Vicki: anything by StefyZZ. Michael: anything by Quim Abella/Quim2001. Both are super-realistic. i like them because i can paint my own, but i can't do the photographic thing. Also, the StefyZZ eyes are excellent. Quim really does the nicest men around. ByteMeOK's textures have been around forever, and look great in the store, but i've not examined them personally. Of course: anything from Syyd, though, with respect, i prefer making my own characters. My favorite goth: get Vicki Vampyre from Handspan Studio if you can pry her out of Ingrid. This one doesn't seem to be on the market any more--more's the pity! Her Cinnamon is a nice non-white texture. And all of Ingrid's characters have lovely, lovely eyes. For a really nice African-American texture, try Marjorie, either the texture or the Vicki character. Been around a while, and still great. i would also say that you pretty much need the basic DAZ3D Victoria & Michael textures. If you have some proficiency with Photoshop, consider getting the MaybeLee "makeup kit" from free stuff & messing with your textures to do your own makeup looks. i find the DAZ A2Z Victoria textures handy, too, though not super-realistic, because they cover a range of ethnicities, and all the MAT settings get you there super-fast.