Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Are people still using V4?

TrekkieGrrrl opened this issue on May 17, 2016 ยท 173 posts

Male_M3dia posted Wed, 18 May 2016 at 5:17 AM

Cyberdene posted at 6:08AM Wed, 18 May 2016 - #4269534

I wish they would just stick to one goddamn base model. All those new Victorias for Genesis is so f***** unnecessary. It's like they can't just make ONE SUPERIOR version of her with everything corrected, no we need a V5, V6, V7, and soon there will be a V8. It's the same with the others too like David, Stephanie, Aiko, etc all new versions that come out like yearly with a new high price tag slapped on them with barely any new features. So yes I'm glad V4 is still around, I have no plans to switch over to Genesis and unfortunately that's upsetting that they would neglect a new base model for Poser since Daz is free, and Poser isn't. And there are always new versions of Poser coming out. I will switch to Genesis only because of the monster models I've seen that I want to use, and they have way more male stuff too for Genesis compared to M4 which is still lacking clothes and figures..

Actually there are different and newer models, as each generation they add new features and improve on he previous model, just like any other product like computers, cars, gaming systems, phones, etc. I doubt people would actually pay full price for a car that still used regular gasoline and had an eight-track tape system in it these days, when other cars use unleaded and have CD and iPhone/bluetooth connections would they? ;)

That said to the OP, yes people still use V4. The issue however that vendors are running into is people not BUYING V4 products, so don't expect to make the money you may have years ago, thus why you see the store shifted the way it is now. As wolf said, it's not too hard to survey the marketplace to see what's selling rather than asking forum users. You've been doing this long enough to know not to ask forum users for selling advice. (And you should be emailing Antonio anyway and he would have told you the same thing ;) )