Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: P4Vskin - remapping posette to take vicky skins

AprilYSH opened this issue on Oct 08, 2001 ยท 23 posts

Jaager posted Wed, 10 October 2001 at 12:58 PM

I was using "remap" the way that it is defined in UVmapper - the aspect?. - the method that the 3D mesh is transfered to 2D. Moving this 2D map around is a remap of the mesh, but I was trying to focus on a more specific part. Lashes ,Eyes - they are fine - they are not spread out anyway. I wish the eyes were on their own layer - a 500 x 500 map would give a very high resolution texture. Vic's lashes are two layers thick, which is way there are so many pieces. It is the side of the head and the torso that you loose with a remap. As for the hands and feet, I forget how they are done on P4. The effect is minor, but expect possible texturing abnormalities on the sides. ERC is no problem to do. It is just an additionl five lines in the slave morph channel. One thing though. These are going to be integral morphs, and the host morphs may share a name in common with male figures as well as Vic, so cross-talk will be something you will have to make allowances for. Cross-talk is an issue with Vic, not because of the model. It is because ERC are used so extensively. If I were to design a workshop on advanced Poser technical skills, what you are doing would be a major part of it. No matter how it turns out, your skill level will probably increase by about a magnitude, so it will be worth the doing.