Forum: MarketPlace Customers

Subject: Why is there so much support for Genesis and very little for Poser now?

Lyne opened this issue on May 07, 2016 · 27 posts

Mythocentric posted Thu, 09 June 2016 at 11:33 PM

A valid point well made. While the moneys coming in I think most people are happy to go with the flow. But I have to pose the question – how many of those vendors are capable of thinking in a business sense? Not many I suspect and of those even less who can view the overall picture in the long term needed to remain successful. That’s a point I believe Daz recognises and, as Tempesta has made clear, is churning out new figures (or more accurately, variations on existing figures) to keep the flow going. While this may add greatly to the Daz coffers in the short term it can only result in the market becoming saturated as you say. Where to then? G4, G5 and so on? We’ve already seen how ready Daz is (via RDNA) to dump any vendor who doesn’t comply with its own worldview. It would be nice to think that some of them would even remember Poser and remember that there is an outlet for their talent. That, of course, depends on the fact that the many Poser users out there have stayed around rather than looking elsewhere for content! Personally I doubt if they will. There are others out there. I’ve already mentioned Hivewire3D, not because I have any connection with the company but because I’m a very satisfied customer of a company who supplies what I want and gives me a choice of platforms in doing so. Fortunately we still have vendors like Tempesta, to whom I would add SAV (studioartvartanian) who produce items cross-platform (via multiple re-fits, etc) very successfully and is the only reason I now visit Renderosity, in addition to Mihrelle and her superb V4 characters. There are others out there not willing to follow the lemmings and they deserve our gratitude. I can only hope that Renderosity removes its blinkers sooner rather than later and shows its appreciation too by putting their Poser output where it belongs, on an equal footing with the rest. It’s easy to believe that Renderosity can only sell what its vendors produce. That’s a falsehood. Renderosity is here to make money and it’s Renderosity who decides what it sells, not the vendors. Yes! It’s a big market but it’s a market with a limited amount of money to spend on its preferred platform. If that section of the market is ignored as it apparently is at present, it will go elsewhere to Renderosity’s detriment. That’s a very simple equation which seems to have been missed by those who should know better!