Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Easier way to fit conforming clothes to heavily morphed figure?

DocMatter opened this issue on Jun 07, 2016 ยท 23 posts

3dcheapskate posted Fri, 10 June 2016 at 1:29 AM

Try this (PP2014 - I think the option's only in the Pro versions, and a recent update at that?):

Select the figure you're trying to conform to, do Figure > Spawn Full Body Morph..., and give the morph a name starting with an exclamation mark (e.g. "!MyFBM"). A new morph will be added to the figure's set to zero. Don't touch it.

Load the clothing item and conform it, then do Figure > Copy Morphs From..., and select ONLY the FBM you just spawned (starting the name with an ! means it appears at the top of the list - that just makes it easy to find)

Dial the newly added "!MyFBM" morph on the BODY actor of the clothing to 1.0, and it should fit much better. Note: If the clothing has already picked up some super-conforming morphs from the figure you may have to dial those back to zero.

More details on the "Tips/Tricks/Tools for getting the best fit of clothes to the body - Suggestions and help with general ways of getting the best fit of clothing items to the bodies" thread over in CGbytes Poser forum, post #20 onwards - here's a link to post #21 of that thread http://www.cgbytes.com/community/forums.aspx?g=posts&t=115158&p=2#post125269

(N.B. The above link should be okay according this https://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/?thread_id=2901266&#msg4263735 - "Or like in your example a member may have gone through an ordeal and had it solved and should point their fellow member to what fixed it for them. I would put this on the scale of education/assistance/info the same would apply if the process was on YouTube etc." Having to justify an external link when I'm trying to help somebody is a total PITA ! )

The 3Dcheapskate* occasionally posts sensible stuff. Usually by accident.
And it usually uses Poser 11, with units set to inches. Except when it's using Poser 6 or PP2014, or when its units are set to PNU.

*also available in ShareCG, DAZ, and HiveWire3D flavours (the DeviantArt and CGBytes flavour have been discontinued).