Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Are people still using V4?

TrekkieGrrrl opened this issue on May 17, 2016 ยท 173 posts

Male_M3dia posted Sun, 12 June 2016 at 8:29 AM

wolf359 posted at 9:22AM Sun, 12 June 2016 - #4272198

Terrence seriously, I have alot of respect for you and you are a

very talented content producer for STILL art.

But My and Daz user Ivy's& "BigH" and others opinions

are based on actual years of experience animating Daz

Figures ( with available online links to prove it)

While your opinion on G3's usefullness to real world
DAZ/Poser animators, using the Current tool set within Daz studio is entirely theoretical and not supported by those self identified animators within the DAZ studio user community.

"wolf's comment comes from the fact that in order to use the

figure with his current tools he would have to set up the facial

rigging for the figure which he stated in another thread that

he refuses to do, as there is no tool from iclone to do it for him. "

Actually for my lipsinc I recently began to use mimic 3 Pro on G1-G2 Figures by exporting them to poser Cr2's and loading those CR2's to the session manger and generating animated pose files for them that work in Daz studio.

A bit if a kludge I confess but gets the job done better than the 32 bit only lipsinc plugin within DS.

The face rig is the least of the problems The problem is locomotion ( walking running)motions created within daz studio.

I challenge anyone here to make a simple animation of a G3 figure walking across a floor using ONLY the existing tools within Daz studio G's3 Native Program such as aniMate2.

Not $$Iclone$$ after manually bone mapping the facial rig to an Iclone nonstandard retargeting rig , Not the expensive Vicon optical mocap System used the by My Ultra talented Collegue "SKAmotion" to create the sexy walk G3 promo at is launch ( which took him weeks according to his own statements).

I can create animation with G3 with a lot of manual work but that is not very logical since the figure brings nothing new to the Scifi based visual story telling I prefer to do. And is a huge workflow step backwards for Deadline oriented Forensic paid Client work here in the New york tri state market.

Imagine if Auto fit did not work with G3 and DAZ 's only response was to accuse Content creators of Laziness because of their refusal to revert back to a year 2003 workflow of manual rigging every new item.

And yes Dragonstorm has released a G2 to G3 animated pose converter but recently had to publicly admit to potential customers in a thread that the random popping& jerking in the converted animation was due to the pointlessly exotic rigging of G3.

" Facial rigging has benefits with displaying emotion in animation, and would help his animations immensely as his current animations display very little emotion aside from eye movements"

Fair enough as I have put work online for people to see and critique but facial rigging can not be shown to be superior to morphs ( links please??)

But I will let the readers decide if the G2 Characters in this clip look more than a little stoic at the appearance of the menacing dreadnought.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2TYEp536iB8TURicWZqQTNwWGc

Pixar quality?? Nope not with DS & and eight year old version of Maxon Cinema4D rendered on a nine year old Mac computer( long story)

But I would love to see any samples of the Genesis 3 Figures walking and talking, looking mildly Scared, made using ther native tools of their Program.

As I said before we had this conversation before and genesis 3 does work. And I showed you the link showing a genesis 3 animation in iclone including how the person set it up, so I'm not sure why you even said it doesn't work. You simply don't want to adjust your workflow to use the new figure. But the bottom line is really this: if you're going to present yourself as an animator, then you should be doing the things people expect of an animator, or you shouldn't present yourself as such. Professional animators have no problems rigging their meshes to include facial bones, even without utilities present to do so, not moan about not being able to do so when the tools in iclone are right there. You are a hobbyist like the rest of us here, nothing more nothing less otherwise you'd be showing your work on the cinema4D forums or somewhere else, not pretending to be superior in a poser forum when your animations really are at the hobbyist level. If don't want to adjust your workflow to make things work like I do when I'm using different renderers and figures, that's fine, but please don't spread misinformation about what doesn't work when it was presented to you personally a month ago. And the search took less than 5 minutes on youtube with the keywords genesis 3 and iclone.

With that, let's steer this back on topic.