Forum: Freestuff

Subject: Freestuff section only goes back seven pages....?????

samsiahaija opened this issue on Jun 11, 2016 ยท 21 posts

samsiahaija posted Sun, 12 June 2016 at 1:16 PM

[boudicca36]

You don't need to know their names, "all" contributors page just grows longer and longer the more you scroll down it. As artists tend to specialize one can certainly [eventually] find the ones they favour and bookmark those free areas.

That's thousands of names with only one in about twenty ringing any bell at all, and without any clue about the nature of their offerings. This 'eventually' sounds like 'somewhere between now and 2027...'

Going through a large amount of pages covering a period that I am interested in is a lot of work as well, but in the end I would have been certain to have covered everything I missed out on; I think that's way more efficient than randomly klicking every contributor's name

Was any reason at all ever given for the changes made to the freebie section? Why fix something that wasn't broke at all, and was way better than what we are left with? Is there any valid reason not to change it back to the way it was?

Lately I've been contemplating that all recent major changes by the major Poser/DS sites (DAZ3D, Rendo, partly RDNA) mostly are consumer/community-unfriendly and are primarily focused on maximum profit, on minimum effort, and on monopolising the business, and taking a lot of fun out of the community. In the early 2000s, the community was a lot more primitive, but at the same time much more diverse, and a lot more fun with dozens of smaller sites, run by idealistic passionate individualists, that have mostly disappeared. What we are left with is mostly the battle for extremely expensive photo-realism - I mostly bailed out of that, but now find the rest of the community waning.

Over the past months I've been growing more and more annoyed with all the changes everywhere, and that's something new to me.....