Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: LIBRARY IS TOTALLY BROKEN IN POSER !!

pruiz opened this issue on Dec 16, 2015 ยท 31 posts

ghostship2 posted Sun, 19 June 2016 at 5:29 PM

HughsWattwerx posted at 4:25PM Sun, 19 June 2016 - #4273053

Honestly, they will not close the doors so long as there's a buck to be made from unwary customers. I was a software engineer, project manager, and product manager for 30 years, so I know all to well where the problem lies: Greedy, unresponsive, indifferent companies, like SM, who develop nothing themselves, buy products from others (usually replacing all of the key developers -- too expensive), then go on to reap profits with as little effort as possible. I have watched SM for many releases -- adding little bells and whistles, while steadfastly refusing to address any of the real system problems. Why? Because you can CHARGE for new releases, but not for bug fixes. Clearly, they have nothing remotely qualified to be called 'Q/A', and their regard for their customers is pretty obvious, as described by others here. As a former developer, I detest software piracy, but I hate corporate theft even more. I will buy ONE version of a product. If it meets my expectations, I will pay for upgrades. If not, I will simply acquire my own upgrades from various other sources until such time as the vendor meets THEIR obligations. So far, Smith Micro hasn't even come close. Passionate people develop real products. Greedy scoundrels buy what others developed, then use it to bilk the public. Sad to say, that's what passes for 'business' in the American perversion of 'Capitalism.'

damocles2002 posted at 4:31PM Sun, 19 June 2016 - #4246095

Yes, I bought both 11 and 11 Pro near the advent of both...the library system is broken and I reported it within hours...I received no assistance beyond more and more requests for system information from me to them... It is completely broken, especially the Search function...I installed different video drivers and came close to a format and recovery in Win 10... I have returned to Pro 2014...awaiting SM to address the issue responsibly...or just close the doors... Whoever programmed the Library functions needs to go back to school...and SM needs to fix it...FAST..!!! Enough with the solicitous responses...

I think you will find that many of the coders and development folks that work on Poser are users them selves like Nerd3D and others that are members here at Rendo. You are just trying to justify your own dishonesty.

W10, Ryzen 5 1600x, 16Gb,RTX2060Super+GTX980, PP11, 11.3.740