Forum: Bryce

Subject: Bryce 5 Review

Flywaver opened this issue on Oct 10, 2001 ยท 22 posts

griggs posted Thu, 11 October 2001 at 8:35 AM

Actually I didn't get the impression that you hated Bryce at all. I just think there is more to Bryce then Landscape rendering. It seems to me you just breezed over those thing that Bryce has and Vue doesn't. Things like metaballs, network rendering, ability to use photoshop plugins (opps you didnt mention that one) and it better handling of super high poly scenes (try putting a 4096 terrain in vue and working now put 3 in Bryce). I think it is one of its biggest things that set Bryce apart from those two other applications, something that should not be left out in a review. A review of Bryce definently deserves to point out both its strengths and weaknesses, based on what it can do and not just how it handles those things that vue can keep up on it with. It gives your readers an assumption that Vue and Bryce are totally equal programs and doesn't really point out the differances in the two. Vue maybe a great program, but as for being on Bryce's level of power and accuracy it just isn't there yet (maybe one day it will be). Griggs