Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Are people still using V4?

TrekkieGrrrl opened this issue on May 17, 2016 ยท 173 posts

wolf359 posted Wed, 27 July 2016 at 3:02 PM

"Not sure what subdivision is and SSS or how to incorporate these functions for V2. I do see that renders of her side by side with V4 figures just looks off. I would like them to look better together or just render better alone. Is there some tutorials somewhere to learn about these adjustments to make V2 look better when needed?"

The reason your V2 characters look "off" next to Vicky4 is because of the lower mesh resolution of V2 and your are likely using texture maps onV2 that are nearly 15 years old and built for the original poser 4 render engine. Any tutorial that will assist you in making such vestgial figures look better are going to likely involve subdividing your figures(increasing mesh resolution)

And implementing subsurface scattering in the skin maps for more realism and using a physicly based render like the one now in poser 11,or at the very least Global illumination with poser firefly.

All of these solutions will require learning some new tools and techniques if you really want to make your older models look better in renders. Out of curiosity I pulled up the only remaining iteration of V2 that I still own and loaded her into Daz studio.

I draped a free Dynamic V4 dress over her using the $10 "Dyncreator" plugin for DS Sold here in the renderosity store. I added a level of subdivision and I Exported her over to Blender2.7 with the free MCteleblend script for Poser& DS and rendered her in Cycles with a generic SSS shader applied to the original "Asia for V2"skin

I only let the render resolve for about an hour so it is still quite grainy but as you can see Old V2 looks fairly decent with HDRI lighting and some basic SSS.V2-modernize.jpg

My website

YouTube Channel