Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: as soon as I saw jinksie in the MP I knew

estherau opened this issue on Aug 02, 2016 ยท 17 posts

Lyrra posted Fri, 05 August 2016 at 7:30 AM

the method Tony mentioned has this process - scale down the figure and sculpt your child/teen/whatever. Ignore the 'don't move that' rules and do whatever you like. Then when the morph is brought back to the figure you make a set of joint edits to fit the rigging to the morph and freeze it so when the morph is dialed the joints are changed. For the end user everything just works like magic. I have made a proof-of-concept faun type morph for v4, turning her entire lower body into goat legs and freezing the rerigging to match. Seemed to work fairly well, and for that sort of very transformative morph it is a useful method.

However - the drawback is that trying to match this morph in clothing is a pain in the tuchus, as the scaling is built into the morph and thus not match-able easily. This means that making clothing that fits the figure may be difficult if not impossible.

In my method I keep the morph and the scale separate, so they can be matched separately and clothing fitting is easier. With the Conform To Scale option in poser the scaling mostly sorts itself out now, and fitting the morph itself is also much easier with the morph transfer tool or the morph brush.

Its one of those tomato, tomahto things. Both methods have their merit, and best time to be used. For animals and monsters I'd use the all-in-one method. For humans splitting them out seems to be the easiest to support in conformers.

You can flip any figure over to having weight maps, or add weightmaps to an existing figure easily. But its like joint fix morphs or any other mesh deformation - if its not supported in the clothing then the clothing will still move like normal and no visible progress will have been made. At least a fix morph can be copied over to clothing via morph transfer.

For artists making mostly naked girls, the benefit is obvious. For artists rendering clothed figures, it may not be worth the bother.

LM