Forum: Virtual World Dynamics

Subject: Obtaining a compatible version for Daz Studio

VirtualWorldDynamics opened this issue on Aug 18, 2016 ยท 28 posts

mamba-negra posted Mon, 22 August 2016 at 10:11 AM

philemot posted at 10:06AM Mon, 22 August 2016 - #4280757

mamba-negra posted at 4:50PM Mon, 22 August 2016 - #4280756

Is this a windows only product or will it run fine on Mac? Does it matter which version of Poser we use, if there is only a DS bridge (maybe I missed something, but the impression I got was that there is no true DAZ version at this time).

VWD Cloth and hair is a standalone program that come with an inbuilt bridge to Poser. Carrara bridge is already on sale, Studio Bridge will be soon (after review by Rendo Q&A). Mac version is right now under study.

What do you mean, under study? Is it in the development or investigation phase? (as in, you haven't gotten far enough to have a good idea of feasibility or release date or is it actually under development?) As for the studio bridge, will it depend on poser or do you basically mean that the WD functions as a library that runs independently of any of these tools and the bridges are native plugins for the various apps that can make direct calls to the WD library?

I'm a C++ developer who uses Mac (though, I don't use Xcode, just make files). If you need a beta tester for Mac or have questions, I'd be happy to help in any way I can. I have to say, the switch over to LLVM has forced me to switch to use linux VM for certain development that depends on some libraries that weren't available to the LLVM compiler when I started the project. That may have changed by now...haven't really bothered to find out;)