Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Two newbie questions -DAZ 4.9-

peregrino05 opened this issue on Jan 22, 2016 ยท 31 posts

mrvoll posted Wed, 24 August 2016 at 10:15 PM

Miscreate posted at 10:08PM Wed, 24 August 2016 - #4250603

As for content, much of the content sold here at Renderosity is in Poser format. It should still work fine in DAZ Studio, except that it is packaged within a runtime folder. New users often mistakenly install the runtime folder in the wrong place, by placing it in the existing runtime folder that you'll find in your content library. It should be copied to the folder above that in the folder hierarchy, whereupon you will be asked if you want to merge the runtimes and to which you should answer "yes". Some products, such as those designed for the Genesis figure and newer, will contain DAZ Studio files and folders that are not in the runtime folder hierarchy. These go into your content library folder, too. I recommend that you create a folder somewhere convenient on your fard drive to temporarily store files before moving them to your content library. Since invariably the products come packaged as compressed archives (i.e. "zips"), they'll need to be uncompressed anyway, and I always like to do this first so I can have a look at the internal folder structure and confirm where things go.

I bought Rose Raven from here at Renderosity today and she does not seem to work in Daz3d 4.9. Even though she doesn't specifically say that she works in Daz3d 4.9, but instead only mentions Poser, I bought her after reading what you wrote here, thinking that all I'd have to do is copy her runtime folder into the library. Daz3d didn't ask me if I wanted to merge the files, it just copied them. There is also a folder in Daz3d 4.9 called "Poser files" and I tried copying them into that folder too. I have restarted Daz3d 4.9 several times and cannot find her anywhere in the program. Am I missing something here with how I'm installing her? It seems pretty straightforward to me, but isn't working.

Thanks, Jon