Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Two newbie questions -DAZ 4.9-

peregrino05 opened this issue on Jan 22, 2016 ยท 31 posts

mrvoll posted Thu, 25 August 2016 at 12:30 PM

hborre posted at 11:56AM Thu, 25 August 2016 - #4281046

If you are referring to Rose Raven, the Victoria 4 character, you will require the Victoria 4 base model. Rose Raven is morph package character, and if you do not own V4, this package is useless to you. The reference 'Poser Files' pertains to the DS library capable of reading runtime folder content, thus there is no need recopy any content anywhere if you install into the DS content library. However, I have a suspicion that you may have nested the Rose Raven runtime within another folder, perhaps the DS runtime, and you are unable to read it. Without a screencap of your DS content folder hierarchy, I am just speculating. Also, this particular character will appear under the runtime Pose folder and not anywhere else; it is a morph package.

Thanks for your help :)

I have finally gotten this mostly figured out, and Rose Raven is almost able to load properly. What confused me, probably because I am a "newbee", is that the poser content ends up in a folder called "Pose", not to be confused with the files that pose a character which also end up in a folder called "Pose". I stumbled upon her whilst trying to pose a different character. I never thought to look for her in the poses folder.

I say that she "almost" loads properly because when I load her skin, her eyes turn completely white. Everything else about her seems to load perfectly, except her eyes. I have the deluxe version of Victoria 4.2 ( Elite and muscular and HD and all that good stuff), and what I do is I load a copy of Victoria 4 and when she arrives in the scene, I select her and then click Rose Raven's body, and her body turns into Rose Raven. Then, I click on Rose Raven head and her head turns into Rose Raven. But when I click on her skin and load that, the skin loads, but her eyes ( I guess they are V4's eyes at this point) turn white. Same thing happens if I choose one of Rose Raven's eyes. If I load her make up or nails or eyelashes, the eyes remain visible, it's just when I load her skin or her eyes that this happens. I thought that it must be some layer over the top of Rose's eyes that gets applied somehow, so I tried turning things off in the surfaces tab, but nothing makes any difference. I looked at the files for Rose Raven's eyes and the names for the png and the pz2 files match, so I'm not entirely sure that it is a problem with Rose's files.

I bought the V4 to Genesis 2 converter from Daz3d thinking that it might be an issue with Victoria 4 in Daz3d 4.9, and that I would try applying her to the Genesis 2 character and see if that works, but there are no instructions with that program and although I can put her skin onto the Genesis 2 character, I can't figure out how to apply her morphs. Oh, and when I put her skin on the Genesis 2 character, its eyes also turn white.

Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated :)

Here are three images of the problem: Rose before eyes are set.png Rose Raven after green eyes are chosen.png Rose Raven after skin is applied.png