Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Two newbie questions -DAZ 4.9-

peregrino05 opened this issue on Jan 22, 2016 ยท 31 posts

mrvoll posted Thu, 25 August 2016 at 8:11 PM

RHaseltine posted at 7:53PM Thu, 25 August 2016 - #4281075

It's quite possible that the material settings used are reliant on the Poser Material Room nodes, which DS will not import. If that is so you are probably not getting the intended results for the skin either, but it is at least semi working.

Thanks for that information about the Poser reliance's. I used the eyes from another V4 character by the same artist and now everything works fine. (The other character comes with clothing too, and that character and its clothing work exactly as described in their promos, although they also say that is meant for Poser only.

The Victoria 4 for Genesis 2 Female product gives two things - a new UV mapping which allows textures for Victoria 4 to wrap around the model correctly (without it you'd get very odd results) and a clone shape that allows you to load Victoria 4 clothing onto Genesis 2 Female and convert it. The former would allow you to use the Rose raven textures, but wouldn't solve the issue of getting the settings right which is your main problem.

Well that's just plain tricky on the part of Daz Studios then, Richard. The description for this product says: "Use the AutoFit clone to access your favorite outfits, the Victoria 4 UV set to use your favorite textures and the Victoria 4 figure shape to see a familiar face". That's 3 things it's supposed to do, not 2. It implies that you can change the "shape" of Genesis 2 so that you can see your favorite character. Looking at the promo photo for the product it clearly shows two V4 morphed characters - Lana and Maya from the V4 Elite package, having been upgraded to Genesis 2 characters. I see now what you are saying about this product, but I feel it was not presented clearly for what it really does.

Daz promo picture for V4 to Gen 2.jpg