Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Software Survey

SpookieLilOne opened this issue on Aug 12, 2016 ยท 19 posts

Teyon posted Mon, 05 September 2016 at 9:52 AM

Perhaps the forum poll was simply to gauge what forums need to be kept, which need to be dropped and how many they have that are unused despite the userbase being fairly large at the site? Not everything is about the marketplace. I could be wrong though but it would seem useful to know that there's a large community of users interested in a particular software so that I can build a forum around it and provide training either for free or at cost. Let's not bash on the staff without knowing their intent. I mean, just as an example, let's say people wrote in "I use Substance Painter" and then explained how and why. Now let's say the number of people who did were fairly high in the number of responses they got. Well now, look at that, we've got a software community that we're not paying attention to, let's build a forum for them. Or hey, nobody said they were using X software but we've had a forum for a few years now and only 8 people post every few months. Maybe we should toss it? Decisions like that can be helped with a poll like this I think. Especially if you're more interested in active users as opposed to the nonvocal majority who are part of an email list but don't actually post or even frequent the site. At least that's how I see it. I'm not an expert on the subject though.