Forum: Photoshop

Subject: depth map in photoshop - how to use it?

estherau opened this issue on Oct 13, 2016 ยท 9 posts

Deenamic posted Fri, 14 October 2016 at 1:42 PM Forum Moderator

Hi Esther! I've never used a depth map before, but I am going to try my best to help you. From what I've read from your posts, you're trying to add a lens blur to your depth map and you can only see the blur in the preview, but not on the actual image. Have you tried the lens blur on a regular image and does it show on the actual image? If it doesn't, then I wonder if something could be wrong with the preferences for the lens blur filter. I found a thread on Adobe's website in which a person couldn't get the lens blur to show on their actual image in Photoshop Elements and I think it started working again after they deleted the lens blur preferences folder, I think that refreshed the settings for the lens blur filter. Even though the thread shows how to delete the folder in Elements, Photoshop has the same folder in the same location. Maybe this solution will help you. Here's a link to the Adobe thread I'm talking about:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1083473

Denesia (Dee)

Forums: Photoshop  ☮  Photography  ☮  Mixed Medium  ☮  Freestuff  ☮  Freestuff Testing  ☮  Changes wanted in the Community  ☮  Marvelous Designer  ☮  Challenge Arena  ☮  Animation  ☮  Fractals  ☮  Beta Testing  ☮  The Get-Away Spot  ☮  Newcomer Corner  ☮  Suggestion Box  ☮  Contest Announcements