Forum: MarketPlace Customers

Subject: Has Renderosity Been Hacked? Check your credit cards

Badia01 opened this issue on Dec 05, 2016 ยท 67 posts

maneki_neko posted Thu, 15 December 2016 at 7:55 PM

so... good i thought of looking here finally... looks like i might have been hacked as well. or anyways, i just happen to have trouble with my debit card right now.

i got this weird sms last night at 3am, with the kinda code you need for contact with your debit card account - however, i didn't touch that card in the last days, maybe 1 week, more, dunno, have to control where/when exactly. then i got another sms from my card company saying something about security and card blocked - then i got an email from them, again security, need to fill a form and send an ID copy to get a new card (which ofc i didn't do!). since my card is empty, nothing got stolen and if someone tried to pay online, they'd hit a wall i guess. i hope!

not knowing if this was phishing or what, like they suddenly changed their rules and got greedy for info - and their hotline costs a fortune plus they suck - i contacted not them directly, but the company who retails those cards instead, where competent people work for a normal phone call price. after 2hrs, they sent me a mail telling me "it was phishing", i should delete sms and mail.

funny is, those who sent me 2 sms and 1 (probably) fake but perfect looking mail had: my full name, my phone nr, my mail addy, and they knew which card i have. i wonder where they got the info from anyway, i.e. who's been hacked - rendo (you do have exactly those infos) or daz (they have those infos too) or rdna (still old phone nr) or content paradise (seems no phone stored) OR the card company itself (they also have full infos)... since i paid stuff in those places in the last month or so...

so now reading this here, i'm not even sure any more the whole thing was really fake, or maybe there really was a security breach... and it seems my card company tried to call me in the late afternoon, i was busy and also didn't pick since i didn't know the number, but i checked it later online, it's them. wonder what they wanted to say.

anyways, when i know more, and if rendo could be involved, i'll write another post.

IN THE END, MERITOCRACY HAS NOT ONLY PERMEATED OUR DAILY LIVES AND WORK, BUT ALSO OUR HEARTS, OUR MINDS AND OUR PERCEPTION OF ART...