Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Issue with Gen3 Female

Vially opened this issue on Mar 12, 2017 ยท 40 posts

Razor42 posted Tue, 14 March 2017 at 11:42 PM

I think you are confusing yourself a bit here. A lot of things in your first post don't make a great deal of sense tbh. Victoria 7 is based off the Genesis 3 Female figure base. Victoria 6 is based on Genesis 2 Female figure base.

Files in People/Genesis 3 Female are user facing files that load the Genesis 3 Female figure into Daz Studio.

Files in data/ are back end files that are not user facing they hold data resources that are referred to by the user facing files.

Within Studio icons located in the Smart content Tab under Files> Figures> People> Female> Genesis 3> are Smart content that is dependent on correct and updated metadata as well as correct installation of assets.

You seem to be over complicating the issue which is making it almost impossible to provide a solution.

For a start I cannot tell if you are actually having trouble loading Genesis 3 Female or just locating the associated files in the Smart content tab within Daz Studio. From some of your statement it appears you are able to load Genesis 3 Female, you just can't find it in Smart Content tab.

Try this please:

1 Go to the Content Library tab not the Smart content tab.

2. Navigate through the menu to Daz Studio Formats/My Daz 3D Library/People/Genesis 3 Female

3. Is the base figure icon displayed here?

If that proves true Genesis 3 Female is installed and the issue may lay with your Metadata.