Forum: Carrara

Subject: carrarActor - genesis 3

MistyLaraCarrara opened this issue on Mar 21, 2017 ยท 166 posts

SileneUK posted Fri, 24 March 2017 at 7:01 AM

Dartagnon posted at 11:53AM Fri, 24 March 2017 - #4300129

Fantastic! Can't wait to try this! Kudos Misty! Please pardon my misspelled name. Mistakes like that actually cost money to correct over here! wtf?

Anyway... this is awesome!!!

Silene, are you having issues with support products? Here's the thing:

Do as Misty mentions with the blended weight thing, as she mentions on the previous page

Then save that result back into the library, with a new name, in the same structure so it's easily found in the same way the original item was

Now load that new item into Carrara for use on the new G3 for Carrara.

Example:

Let's change an imaginary coat

In Daz Studio Library, I find it under People > Genesis 3 Male > Clothing > Imaginary Coat

the coat is now in our library available for bringing into Daz Studio - so I load it in I now do the Blend Weights conversion

Now I save the coat back into the library, so during my save (as a figure support asset) a browse all the way to My Daz3d Library > People > Genesis 3 > Clothing > Imaginary Coat

Just to NOT overwrite the original, I call this one: "Coat4Carrara" or some other simple change so I can easily distinguish it

Now back in Carrara, I load in the Coat4Carrara, rather that the original Coat

Does that help?

No, my problem is that I thought applying the tsf utility was part of creating the Carrara friendly G3 product duf to then load into carrara. The thread is gone now, but the way I copied the stuff from it, it looked like making your G3 Car man/woman was to transfer g3001 onto the g3002. As part of the routine, g3002 was stripped of its nodes in DSON editor. I thought combining them back with g3001 was how it worked.

I got there once before somehow, but have lost my way since then. I am not sure now how to combine the two prop assets created to get a working one to load into carrara. The one I had before I did then save as a carrara file once in Carrara, but she does not work now with the prepackaged poses I was able to do before. Now I have to move her joints manually and there are no facial expressions.

What Misty says about finding the FORMULA in the sub-tree... I cannot find anything named FORMULA when in DSON for an untouched working DS G3 figure's dsf file.

I know it's me... but am missing an important step. I don't care about clothes at this point at all. But I can wait for the utility to be published if it will do it for me! 🔢 Hmmmm.... Silene