Forum: MarketPlace Customers

Subject: Apparently you no longer accept visa or mastercard? Only the weird ones?

mamba-negra opened this issue on Mar 25, 2017 ยท 52 posts

hornet3d posted Sun, 02 April 2017 at 6:22 AM

mazal50 posted at 12:12PM Sun, 02 April 2017 - #4301202

hornet3d posted at 11:10PM Sat, 01 April 2017 - #4301191

mazal50 posted at 8:44PM Sat, 01 April 2017 - #4301181

Have the same problem, got a warning from the creditcard company , that data was stolen from renderosity. I'm afraid to buy things now. I was wondering why i didn't get a warning from renderosity, now i see that many people have problems with the safety of renderosity i wouldt like to know what they are doing about it.

As I said in a previous submission, I can't be sure where the process went wrong. I do know that a few years back one fraud down to Renderosity because they made a public statement that it was some weeks after the event. The double charging recently was also from orders at Renderosity which I think was blamed on Paypal which they use even if you are using a credit card. In another thread here there appears to be an admission that there could have been a breach in the checkout process during a few days in March.

What I can be totally sure on is that I am extremely reluctant to spend any money here and have decided not to buy a number of items rather than risk my card yet again. There are only about two vendors left here who I will buy from no matter what so when they go so will I. I do not like Paypal (long story and long ago, but once bitten twice shy). So at the moment I am looking at setting up a PrePaid debt card for these rare purchases, on the basis I can only be defrauded on what I have on the card as there is no overdraft or credit facility. Has to be better than the $9000+ dollars that has been defrauded on my card in the last year or so. Happily I did not have to pay it but we all do at the end of the day and it is a real hassle every time it happens.

The idea for a prepaid card sounds good to me. I'm really dissapointed about al this because i'm really afraid to order something and i like doing this (yest as a hobby).

We are in very similar positions. As you know, there are really very few places that sell content for our hobby at hobbyist prices and, while I don't spend much here, there are occasions when something arrives in the marketplace that I could make use of. Problem is, it has now reached point where it is like playing Russian Roulette with my card and I always wonder what grief I may be bringing on my self by placing an order. The downside of the prepaid debt card is that the cost can be higher but if you choose the card wisely this extra cost can be minimal and what ever the extra cost I am happy to pay for the piece of mind without having to curtail my hobby. The big plus for the prepaid card is that any fraudster can only spend what is on the card. If you only put on the amount you have to spend any damage is limited. If it is defrauded you just close the account and start a new card without the hassle of having to go through credit checks. As the alternative is to stop spending completely I am prepared to at least give it a go.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.